Scarcely a few hours have passed the previous post.
My plan was to go to David Lloyd for a gym induction. En route I took a call from my dear aunt Ruth with the news that my grandfather passed away this evening. I have been expecting this news and it has come as a relief to me that he is no longer in any discomfort. Upon receiving the news I changed tracks from the gym to the direction of the neighbourhood church. To my great fortune the closest church is the Oratory at the end of the Cromwell Road. A Vast and atmospheric, Catholic church. I arrived at the beginning of a service; lit a candle and said a prayer for my cherished grandfather; and continued to pay attention to the service. Much of the service was in Latin but there were sermons and readings in English. The most delightful aspect of the church service was the choir which sang beautifully and brought me to tears.
Upon leaving the church I briefly attended David Lloyd, which is a sumptuous establishment, I'd love to be a member!
Just spent the past hour or so with K. Enjoyed a few ciders in the local pub.
More words to come before too long.
Monday, 2 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment